Monday, September 6, 2010

Influence the sales of 'The principle of contrast "

My comrade and I had taken and my son, Quinn, himself a trip to the zoo recently, when we entered we met for the usual "gift shop complete a range of animal related toys. Of course with my son in this crazy and tried everything. I explained that we return to our walk through the zoo and I consider him to buy something then. Though disappointed, seemed to agree that this show was and we managed to prize him away and the zoo .

Ushad a fantastic time to eat with us in all animals and stopping for a bite. However, as we drew near to the exit, I began to remember my promise to the gift shop. It seems Quinn had not forgotten. "Dad?" He said he finished the remains of a toy ice "How much money can I have?" I considered this for a second or two and said: "I think it should be filled with five pounds." 5 pounds! "He said:" This is nothing like 200 pounds? "£ 200 is veryMoney for the son of toys for you. Actually, that would buy all the souvenir shop. How about 10 pounds? "His answer was just" Ok dad. "

Just me, the gift shop when I achieved my fault. I was robbed of my son, and that "contrary to the principle of" popular. Of course, after my sons original application of 200 pounds, 10 pounds of counter did not seem so bad, but managed to double its initial request was.

The contrast is a principlepowerful way, the odds of getting what you want to increase. Although it is recognized, it is recognized and used in many different scenarios is another example of our brain with a mental shortcut means "The offer must be fair, is much less than others."

car salesman shows an example of the principle of contrast used in a commercial context. You want to sell us a car and only after starting to accept the purchase you sell the extras (metallicSat Nav, etc.)

This can also be seen in a trade dress, common sense would tell us that it would be easier, and try to sell a customer a small position (such as a belt) and then when you heat up again, "trying to sell them a key. But this works better in reverse order. The idea is that once the customer has bought the expensive sweaters that do not seem much cheaper belts and T-shirts ... contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment