Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Great Depression forward by Harry S Dent, Jr.

When I was in my 20 years, I looked back and thought how I was lucky because I see just the right age to many important cultural changes were.

I was old enough to read comics a year after Stan Lee of Marvel Comics created once again, to invent such a character still as popular as the Fantastic Four, Spiderman, the Hulk and the X-Men.

I was the right age to appreciate a little 'later, when Ballantine and Ace Edgar Rice Burroughs (author of the Tarzan books and reprintedEven more exciting fantastic adventure stories).

I was a bit 'too young to be on the radio when the Beatles first sang on the Ed Sullivan Show to listen to, but I started in late 1964, and so grew up with the best music in the history of AM radio, followed by FM, followed by the rock sound sophisticated of 1970.

A few years later I was to estimate exactly the right age when the Lancer Conan reprinted stories and other works of Robert E. Howard.

I was a bit 'young, when I heardAbout The Lord of the Rings, after the first time a fashion school, but I was in high school, when Ballantine published in paperback and I read it again.

And through my years of high school I took for granted, reading the two best series of books of all time - the Ace Science Fiction Special edited by Terry Carr and Ballantine Books Adult Fantasy allegedly issued by Lin Carter.

But in retrospect, I have no connection with this remarkable success, as my primary school teachers complainedour great classes (usually around 30 children) or, as it seemed only natural that my high school class, the largest in the history of the school was, but next year's class my sister was even larger.

What all this has to do with a book on depression coming?

Simple. I am a baby boomer. The entertainment industry has to me the country not only what I age I need them by chance or because she loved me personally. It 'was because they knewwas a huge market of boys and girls the same age as I.

And now we begin to reach retirement age.

We are opening a lot of jobs. We do not buy stocks and bonds of our paycheck. We will pay more taxes to social security of our paycheck. We begin the payment of debt instead of money for our new toy.'s Start the sell-out and bond with our cruises, golf games, and the heart fund shares surgery.

According to Mr teeth, the United States had an inflation rateand unemployment in 1970, because when so many baby boomers in search of work and money spending started to establish new family.

As we progressed in our careers, we've created the boom that began in 1982. Entrepreneurs of us began the innovative companies that have changed the world and its economies.

Dent is a much more precise about what is right. Says essentially that we have only been a boom and bust in shares and property - no one can. Contest says that the boom bust goods soon. What remains to be seen.

There is much talk of other cycles which, frankly, I'm not sure exists.

But I know that the demographic situation, a series of lifestyle does not exist.

If you prefer, you can discuss with Dent. He is certainly a lot of details wrong. Certainly not see the big bubble, provides for the past few years.

I am sure that many of its specific provisions onnext ten to thirteen years (in our demographics will support beyond 2023) are wrong.

But I think everyone that the negative impact of the aging baby boom of the discounts we have to do the U.S. and the global economy is foolish.

Just look at Japan. Your baby boomers start retiring in 1990. The Japanese economy has not recovered.

Much of this book is fascinating speculation on the future of the world. (Note: China is getting old before it is enriched. L 'most likely contender in the long term to dominate Asia, India.)

No comments:

Post a Comment