Saturday, August 28, 2010

Collecting things is a great hobby

As pre-boomers grows, I collected all kinds of material. Stones and shells were the first things I put World War II. Soldiers and emblems have been the fun part of the war. Subsequently, it was coins and stamps. When I was in sports, my collection of baseball cards and football was a source of pride. Then I started to go major league games and my collection of autographs of players from different sports teams in Philadelphia was a big deal. During my adult life, I have added toMy exposure to advertising and things from the first half of 1900. I remember each of these phases in my life like, like all nations, to gather the things I love.

Although I have lived in the city, was very close and forest walks through it or take a walk along the banks of the Creek Pack Penny or the Delaware River brought a lot of different stones. I saved those who were not here, especially those that were running veins that looked like goldthrough them. Of course it was not gold, but every time I found one, it was a moment of hope that this time would be different. And travel to Jersey Shore producing an endless stream of shells of all kinds.

With many relatives and friends of the family and service in World War II, I could put together more than a few emblems, badges, ribbons and pins. I kept them in a special drawer and put them on a regular basis over the dining table to admire. As for the toylead soldiers I just played with them until they were no longer serviceable.

After the victory of the United States abroad, my interest turned to money, because my friend began to gather. This soon moved stamps, which were of interest and stories related to the history of the issuing countries' and the current situation. I extends from the first day, when the new stamps were issued and a rather spotty collection of American brands since 1900. Even if my stamps aremounted stored away in albums and I hope one day to introduce my grandchildren, the joys of being a philatelist.

My hometown of Philadelphia, is a great sports city. Most of the children when I grew up packages saved maps of chewing gum. We swapped and flipped for it, but nobody actually bought it because other sports card collecting baseball has not yet become a business. Along with the cards that we also collected autographs of local sports heroes, sometimes we were luckyhave them sign the papers. Soon everyone aware of us as they would be worth today.

As an advertising professional, I was interested in the evolution of packaged goods, advertising signs and displays. Then I started collecting these ancient symbols of all parts of the country until I along with a representative sampling, such as marketing in America has changed over the years. I love my library and add when I find these products.

Many pre-boomers have a lot ofThings for many years. When you become the new senior, it's time to share our stories of collecting and passions with others so that they can learn a fun hobby. Why, it's never too late to enjoy the fun of collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment